Game System Designer
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for someone smart and ambitious, with a high capacity for managing the complexities of all sorts of game systems, including but not limited to combat, economy, progression, and competition. You've dealt with the issues of balancing an entire game before, and know how the systems need to relate to one another. Large-scale, incredibly difficult problems are your favorite to solve, and you are able to produce practical, actionable solutions.
What you will do:
You will handle the gameplay design and balance for a mobile asynchronous tactics game. To be effective in this role, you must be able to work effectively with engineering, art, business, and community management. You must be able to design, define, and maintain systems to meet specified project goals, while combing through the game to identify issues and offer solutions. Most importantly, you must be able to relentlessly tune the game, day in and day out, for fun, monetization, sustainability, and scalability.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in game design
- 2+ years experience making professional-standard games on a team
- A formal understanding of video game design concepts and their application
- Calculus or higher
- Fluent with spreadsheets
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Unity experience
- Experience building mobile asynchronous tactical game systems
- Comfortable with code
- Experience with git or similar version control